March 18, 2012

Shopping trips for this week

Rays Apple Market x4
Yeah, I made four trips to Ray's Apple Market in three days. Let me just say that this is most definitely NOT an all the time thing I do. I rarely go to every grocery store in the same week, let alone the same one multiple times. To explain the story of the quad Rays shop, let me start with the breakdowns:


This trip was on Tuesday. I actually realized that I needed cheese for dinner that night because I had miscalculated how much we would need. Since Ray's has bananas for $.29/pound on Tuesdays, I figured I might as well grab some of those. I also had a full milk punch card, so I figured I would go ahead and grab that gallon now as well.

Milk: Used full punch card: FREE!!!
Cheese: $1.88
Bananas: 5.24 pounds at $.29/pound: $1.51

 Total with tax: $3.65

 Next was on Wednesday to get milk for double punch day! I didn't take a picture but I promise it happened.


Now, the ad did start on Wednesday, so these deals were available during my milk trip. However, Shaun's paycheck didn't go in until Thursday so I needed to wait for my grocery budget deposit to go shopping again. This was hard for me to do because we have the money sitting in our bank account allocated to other things. I easily could have just used that and paid it back to save myself a trip. But, once I really thought about it, I decided I didn't want to let myself into that habit and that an extra trip was worth sticking closer to my budget.

Anywho... back to the breakdown:

Rays is having a sale where if you buy 5 selected Kraft items you get $5.00 off. The prices shown reflect this discount:

Kraft Fresh Take: $1.99, had 3 $1.00/1 coupons: $.99 each (I have some fish in the freezer that has to get used up. I figured for a buck a piece I could see if these could make us like fish)
2 Planters Peanut buter: $1.99, had a $1.00/2 coupon: $1.49 each
3 A1 Steak sauces: $2.29, had 3 $1.00/1 coupons, $1.29 each
Marked down light sour cream: $.75

Total with tax: $12.07

When I went on that Rays trip, they were out of the Parmesan cheese that was in the deal. My coupon actually expired that day, so I was bummed, but I decided to just deal with it. But, I ended up getting off work early that day, so I decided that I would run by the other store since I would be going to that side of town anyway. And, I ended up being glad I did:


The final Ray's trip:
4 Kraft reduced fat Parmesan cheeses: $2.49, used 4 $.55/1 coupons that doubled to $1.00: $1.49 each
1 Kraft shredded cheese: $1.59, no coupons (not a bad deal without a coupon and it gave me the five to get the deal).
Pampers diapers: Clearanced to $10!, had a $3.00/1 coupon, $7.00: $.13 a diaper! My buy-at price for diapers is $.25 each, so this was a steal! I was glad I made this trip because the diapers made it well worth it! I am not sure why they were clearanced. Probably a change in packaging or something??

Total with tax: $16.24

Hyvee


Hyvee had their cheese on sale! Woo hoo. So I, ahem, stocked up...

16 bags at $1.33 each (3 for $4)

Total with tax: $23.27

Dillons


4 Loaves marked down bread: $.79 each 
5 bags broccoli: $1.00 each
Store brand baby wipes: $1.99, had a $.75 coupon= $1.24
2 Carefree pantyliners: $1.00 each, had two $1.00 coupons=free!
Suave conditioner: $3.29, had a free item up to $3.00 coupon= $.29
Q tips: $2.59, had a $1.00 coupon= $1.59
3 pounds ground turkey= $8.97 (more on that later!)
Outlet covers: $1.34, had a $.60 off coupon=$.74

Total with tax: $22.65

I also hit up Aldi but totally spaced on taking a picture. Got some produce ($.39 avacadoes and $.99 pineapple!). Also, I discovered that I was misinformed at my last trip- they still have the $1.49 pound rolls of ground turkey!!! I am so happy I am (almost) over paying twice that at Dillons!

Did you score any good deals this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment