February 18, 2012

My super exciting stay at home mom announcement!!!!!!!

Now that we have officially notified all the necessary people, I can proudly, exuberantly, blissfully (enter your synonym for "ridiculously over the moon happy" here) announce...

My last day of work is April 27th!!!!!!!!!

I don't totally believe it is happening yet. When my manager made the announcement on Wednesday that I am leaving, it took me a minute to process it: I put in my notice at a job that I have been at for 7 1/2 years. I don't know that I will totally believe it is happening until my second or third week. But, disbelief or not, I am over the moon.

Don't get me wrong, I am really going to miss certain things, and not all of this will be easy. For example, some of the people I work with I would count among my closest friends. I will very much miss having this social time on a daily basis. I am going to have to work hard at it, but I am really hoping that I am able to maintain these relationships on some level because I know I will miss them badly. Becoming a stay at home mom also means having to say goodbye to our daycare provider, Barb. Barb has been an enormous blessing in our lives. She has taken such amazing care of my babies. I have always felt like I was dropping them off with family, not a sitter. She has been there for me as well, answering more parenting and kid health questions than I can count. Though we hope that the kids can still have the occasional "Barb day" (when I need some mommy time!), we will definitely miss having her in our daily life. (By the way- if anyone in the Randolph or Waterville area is in need of a babysitter, I happen to know an AMAZING one...)

But... mostly I am so excited! Don't get me wrong- I am not under some ridiculous delusion that everyday is going to be this blissful, sunshiny day filled with constant yea mommy moments. I know that there are going to be days where I want to rip my hair out. I do know what I am "getting myself into". But I think it is 100% worth every hair ripping day to know that I got to spend this time with my kids during their tiny years. :)

6 comments:

  1. Aw, yea! Congrats and well done on getting rid of your debt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you and your family! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brandy!
    I just found your blog from a comment you left on MoneySavingMom's recent post - a comment about becoming a SAHM in a few weeks. Figured this was the most appropriate post of yours to leave a hearty CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family on your upcoming adventures!

    Our stories are so similar: I left my full time job of 7.5 years to become a full time SAHM to our four boys in June of last year. Prior to that, we learned to budget, live on one income, and got rid of our debt (big Dave Ramsey fans here!). And it was also a choice my husband and I made together.

    It has been amazing to see the ways that God has provided for us over the last 10 months - financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. We are SO incredibly blessed; God is faithful.

    Enjoy your 'new' role as full time mommy. You're going to LOVE it (almost all of the time, anyway, ha,ha!)!!

    Blessings to you,
    Beth

    PS - Deuteronomy 6:5-9 is something God placed on my heart during a recent MOPS meeting. I know it will be an encouragement to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You are too sweet!

      It does sound like our stories are VERY similar! How cool!

      Delete